Our E+ Mobility Accelerator Programme Selects 10 Start-ups for its Second Edition
Out of the over 50 applications from all across Europe and associated countries, the E+ Mobility Accelerator Programme consortium, in which CARNET participates, has selected a fresh batch of 10 start-ups within the fields of energy, micromobility, and shared mobility. These companies will take part of the second edition of the accelerator programme, one of the top European accelerators for companies within the mobility sector. This project is financed by the EIT Urban Mobility, an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
The selected companies will benefit from individualized mentoring, training, expert workshops, free office space, product and technology validation through access to a network of living labs, and access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments, among other benefits provided by the international consortium partners.
Here is the complete list of start-ups that will take part in the E+ Mobility Accelerator Programme 2023 edition:
- Tunnll – A digitized transport operator for those small towns that do not have local public transport
- DeepVolt – An Intelligent Location Assistant that empowers EV charging investments with AI location analytics
- QOOB – A platform to manage micromobility in the real estate sector
- Iomob – A free app that allows users to travel in a more sustainable way
- Meredot – An infrastructure provider for large corporates like Walmart, Costco, Target, and Home Depot to charge electric micro-mobility vehicles
- EVE – A platform that empowers companies to electrify their fleets faster and at lower costs
- ecoDeliver – A logistics operator that offers e-Commerces a 100% sustainable package delivery solution
- Closebattery Logistics – A provider of an efficient and environmentally friendly access to electricity, where and when it is needed, reducing the carbon footprint
- Wikimove – An open ecosystem with data-driven solutions for orchestrating new and existing mobility, improving public transportation and redesigning streets
- Switch – A decision analytics platform for urban space management that enables cities to make better decisions on shared mobility and shared mobility operators to increase profitability
Over the next few months, the consortium will assist the chosen teams in their growing phase and help them reach new goals in their aim to address current urban mobility challenges. The programme will culminate with a Demoday event scheduled for December, where the emerging companies will pitch and prove how the accelerator helped them improve their business route.
Start-ups are proving that through innovation they can solve real-life challenges and transform our cities into more liveable spaces. Through programmes as this, start-ups obtain the needed support to expand their business opportunities. This doesn’t only help them, but other key players in the sector as well, as larger companies and municipalities can benefit from the flexibility these smaller businesses have when it comes to innovation. Via programmes as the E+Mobility Accelerator Programme, collaboration between entities is fostered, accelerating the capacity to improve transportation.
The consortium is led by Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech (UPC) in collaboration with CARNET, Barcelona City Council, Barcelona Activa, CTAG – Automotive Technology Center of Galicia, UPF Ventures, Ferrovial, Connected Mobility Hub, CERTH and ENEA.