MOBINNO-EXPERIENCES, an innovative project to develop key competences based on real experiences from mobility Innovation Leaders
MOBINNO-EXPERIENCES has been launched in April in Spain, France, and Hungary to close the knowledge gap between education and business creation in the mobility field. The project is financed by EIT Urban Mobility, an innovation community supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
MOBINNO-EXPERIENCES will create high-quality audiovisual materials focused on real experiences from the most cutting-edge startups, corporates, industry players, and cities, which will be disseminated through an online platform (MooC) that will gather a digital community of people interested in mobility and innovation. Key competences will therefore be provided to the next generation of entrepreneurs, that will launch upcoming mobility startups and feed the acceleration process (Business Creation) at EIT Urban Mobility. By taking this course, the audience will gain competences such as innovation strategies, mobility challenges, attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
The purpose of MOBINNO EXPERIENCES, a project led by CARNET (an initiative by CIT UPC) is to democratize -through high-quality audio-visual materials focused on real experiences- and close the knowledge gap between academy and business creation, providing key competences on entrepreneurship, innovation and mobility to potential entrepreneurs, professionals and citizens interested in the topics of EIT Urban Mobility. Furthermore, the activity has the purpose of attracting talented people who can serve as a source of innovation for the City Club (future trends, ideas, challenges, etc.) and Citizen Engagement call area. For that reason, the three following parts of the projects are going to be key elements to boost an ecosystem of entrepreneurs:
1) High-quality contents based on real experiences.
2) Accessibility and democratization of the knowledge through the MooC.
3) Digital community.
This democratization of the knowledge will impact positively on end-users of the digital platform and local business ecosystems. Particularly, the activity will provide more potential entrepreneurs with interest in the topics and challenges of EIT Urban Mobility, facilitating the adoption and acquisition of relevant solutions, insights, innovations, etc. Undoubtedly, the acquisition of these key competences by the end-users will have a significant societal impact, dynamizing a business ecosystem and generating economic opportunities that can benefit EIT Urban Mobility.
The composition of the consortium comprises the following partners:
- CARNET (Lead partner, Spain), is an open hub for industrial and academic partners from the areas of automotive and mobility research & innovation, located in Barcelona with project-based collaboration. Its research focus lies on innovations and solutions that close the gap between automotive and urban mobility.
- ZONE CLUSTER (Hungary), is a core Industry and RIS partner for the EIT UM and the cluster management organization of the Connected and Automated Mobility Cluster of Zala.
- BARCELONA METROPOLITAN AREA (Spain) is a core City partner for the EIT UM that contributes to the project through the communication to attract young professionals and potential entrepreneurs.
- NEXTMOVE (France) is a competitiveness cluster dedicated to the Automotive and Mobility industry. It drives innovation in this industry and fosters the funding of research and development projects and collaborative business between its +600 members.
MOVEN (Spain), is an advising firm that brings innovative urban mobility solutions and mobility consultancy to cities and corporations with the aim of accelerating the transformation of the sector. With particular focus on Southern Europe, Moven has connections with a community of 500 startups (within the verticals of shared mobility, smart cities, electric mobility, smart logistics, autonomous and connected mobility) and 225 corporates and organizations.