Boosting Start-ups Through our Business Creation Programmes – Call Opening
The Business Creation programmes developed by EIT Urban Mobility, in which CARNET has a strong participation, have just opened their call for applications. All of them aim to become a powerful platform for transforming innovative mobility start-ups into successful companies through the acceleration of their business models.
To achieve so, throughout the programmes we engage them in training events and networking events for them to get in contact with potential investors, but also be prepared to deliver their pitches in the most effective way to help them reach new markets through the mentoring phase.
Each of the Business Creation programmes has a specific focus:
- Accelerator programme: Early-stage start-up teams with business ideas that reduce congestion and increase efficiency in the transport system are provided with unique access to cities, mobility players and investors.
- ScaleTHENGlobal: Takes mobility start-ups to the next level through fundraising processes, help with investor readiness, introductions to potential investors and pilot activities with cities for the selected start-ups.
The Scale-Up Hub and GoGlobal programmes carried out in 2020 have been unified in 2021 to give way to ScaleTHENGlobal. It recognizes the most promising start-ups in urban mobility and assists them in implementing their solutions and addressing real urban challenges in cities and regions around Europe. It also selects start-ups that are ready to set up business outside Europe and allows them to expand their borders, as well as to assist start-ups from outside Europe that are willing to set up in the EU. A validated technique for scouting, selection, and mentoring is used by the Consortium.
During the next year, the consortium formed by CARNET – CIT UPC Technology Center, Fraunhofer Society for the Advancement of Applied Research, City of Hamburg, Digital Hub Logistics Hamburg, Technische Universität Braunschweig – Niedersächsisches Forschungszentrum Fahrzeugtechnik (NFF), UnternehmerTUM GmbH, and PowerHUB, will work on identifying and selecting promising scale-ups to help them become mobility pioneers in European cities and regions.
On the other hand, the Accelerator Programme is aimed at offering value to early-stage start-ups to achieve a fast and effective scalability in the market, allowing a rapid adoption by society of their technological urban mobility solutions.
The consortium formed by CARNET – CIT UPC Technology Center, Barcelona City Council, Barcelona Activa, CTAG – Automotive Technology Center of Galicia, Technical University of Catalonia, Pompeu Fabra University and UPF Ventures will attract, select, support and develop the South Acceleration program by:
- Becoming a seed generator of attractive urban mobility projects from the South European countries.
- Filtering and selecting the most fitted projects to the program.
- Supporting the projects with strategic and, business and technical support.
- Providing access to the market and to an extended network of urban mobility stakeholders.
- Preparing the start-ups to build pilots with cities.
More information about the programmes and how to participate: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/business-creation/