CARNET will bring together speakers from the industrial sector and the academic world, to present their knowledge of new technologies and the latest innovations related to mobility.
In recent years, the mobility industry has undergone very rapid changes. The vertiginous speed at which key technologies are advancing in areas of the sector, such as connected autonomous vehicles, electrification, and new mobility services, creates a very fertile environment for the emergence of start-ups with innovative, disruptive ideas.
Right now, COVID-19 is having a major impact on the way we live and move, on cities and on society as a whole. While researchers work to develop a vaccine, patterns of mobility are shifting, mainly towards transport modes that are considered the safest and most hygienic to prevent an outbreak of the pandemic. This transformation opens up a discussion on what trends should emerge in the near future for urban mobility.
This year, our Symposium will be influenced by our present times, as the focus will be centred on the opportunities for new urban mobility start-ups, innovation in last-mile urban logistics, and mobility trends after COVID-19.
09:30h - 9:45h. Opening Session
• Prof. Dr. Lluís Jofre Roca (Spain), Academic Director of CARNET (UPC)
• Alexander Siebeneich (Germany), Industrial Director of CARNET (VW)
• Andreu Sola (Spain), Creative and Strategic Director of CARNET (SEAT)
9:45 - 10:20h. KEY NOTE: “Shaping the future of Mobility with VW Innovation hubs”
• Dr. Nikolai Ardey (Germany), Executive Director at VW Group Innovation
10:20 - 11:10h. Round Table I: Opportunities for start-ups in urban mobility
Moderator: Anna Majo (Spain), Business Innovation Director at Barcelona Activa
• Fredrik Hanell (Sweden), Director at EIT Urban Mobility Business Creation
• Martin Giese (Germany), Director at xPreneurs
• Marta Antúnez (Spain), Director at Wayra Barcelona
11:10 - 11:20h. Coffee break
11:20 - 12:10h. Round Table II: Mobility trends during and after COVID-19
Moderator: Dr. Imma Ribas (Spain), Associate Professor at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) and Researcher at TechTalent Lab (UPC)
• Vicente Guallart (Spain), Director at Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC)
• Marc Iglesias (Spain), Head of Sustainable Mobility Section at Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (AMB)
• Valentino Sevino (Italy), Mobility Planning Area Director at the Environment and Territory Mobility Agency of Milan (AMAT-MI)
12:10 - 13:00h. Round Table III: Innovative last mile urban logistics
Moderator: Dr. Daniel Schuetz (Germany), Automotive Service Robotics. VW Group Innovation.
• Prof. Dr. David Woisetschläger (Germany), Director of AIP Technische Universität Braunschweig, Niedersächsisches Forschungszentrum Fahrzeugtechnik (NFF)
• Prof. Dr. Alberto Sanfeliu (Spain), Former Director of Institute of Robotics and Industrial Computing (IRI) - (UPC-CSIC)
• Prof. Dr. Jose Holguin-Veras (USA), Director of VREF Center of Excellence for Sustainable Urban Freight Systems at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
13:00 - 13:30h. Presentation: "The principles of the MITMA Safe, Sustainable and Connected Mobility Strategy 2030"
• Dª Mª José Rallo (Spain), General Secretary of Transportation and Mobility. Ministry of Transport, Mobility and the Urban Agenda (MITMA). Government of Spain.
13:30 - 13:45h. Closure
• Dª Mª José Rallo (Spain), General Secretary of Transportation and Mobility. MITMA.
• Bruno Vilarasau (Spain), Director Digital and Public Sector at Telefónica
• Prof. Dr. Jordi Berenguer (Spain), Vice-rector for Knowledge Transfer and Innovation, UPC